Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We're coming baaccckkkk

Well, I've clearly been negligent in the updates. I truly apologize. Barcelona was fabulous. We arrived during rush hour traffic (cause that's what we do.) Walked Las Ramblas and then went to dinner. Our second night there we went to a Flamenco show which was very cool, although I think a couple of them didn't totally enjoy it. You'll have to quiz your offspring to determine if he/she is one of the enjoyers.

The drive to Madrid nearly killed us. It was a really long day, and those bus seats stopped being comfortable in Nice.

Guess when we arrived in Madrid . . . ha. wrong. It was 6pm, but still rush hour traffic. We had dinner. (Did you know that these people don't even open their restaurants until 8pm???? What the heck. We were the only people there. When we left there was a couple with a two year old that had just arrived. I would never survive here long term.

On the way back from the restaurant, a thunderstorm hit. The kids had a great time getting TOTALLY drenched. The chaperones counted themselves grateful that the rainstorm sent us back, and the kids were willing to give us a break and stay in. We were really tired.

Today we went to Toledo, not Ohio. It was very hot and the streets were steep. Luckily we are totally in shape after two weeks of walking ourselves silly. We saw metal being shaped into swords, and then they kindly gave us the opportunity to spend money in their store. We saw the the Cathedral that is the seat of the cardinal of Spain, and then we saw a synagogue that is a museum now.

After dinner we met up for churros and chocolate. The kids had killer sugar buzzes for about half an hour, but the adults are hoping for them to "crash" soon. ; ) We are thinking the 3am wake-up call will be painful for all of us.

Thanks for following along. I'll probably add some fun pictures when I get home. Some of them are too good to leave off. See you at the airport!!

No comments:

Post a Comment